A fair and sustainable Scottish economy in which every consumer participates to their benefit, confident that their needs and aspirations will be fulfilled.
Consumer Scotland is the statutory, independent voice for consumers in Scotland. We will work with business, the public sector and consumer champions to put consumer rights and interests at the heart of markets, services and policy.
- We are fair and transparent
- We are independent and collaborative
- We are evidence-driven
- We promote the interests of current and future consumers, amplifying their voice to bring change
- We identify and understand consumer vulnerabilities, using that insight to drive positive outcomes
- We put consumers at the heart of a “just transition” to Net Zero, enabling them to participate
- We promote good business practice and drive dialogue and collaboration with other UK and international consumer organisations, both public and private
- We challenge business practice that could lead to consumer detriment, focusing on areas where we can have the biggest impact for consumers and business in Scotland
- We ensure the Consumer Duty is observed in the public sector in Scotland, holding it to account